Pumpkin Black Bean Soup
Updated: Dec 7, 2017
3 - 15 oz cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
(add one more if you like lots of beans)
• 1-14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
• 1-14.5 can of crushed tomatoes
• 1-1/4 cups of chopped onion
• 4 cloves of garlic - chopped
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
• 4 cups veggie broth
• 1 15 oz can of pumpkin puree
• 1/2 tsp all spice
• 1 tsp chili powder
• 1 tsp cumin
• Fresh Cilantro
•Pour cans of the drained black beans into a food processor along with
the crushed tomatoes.
• Puree and set aside.
• Heat some broth in the soup pot. Add onion and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
• Cook and stir the onion until softened.
• Stir in the bean puree, the remaining can of beans, veggie broth, diced tomatoes, pumpkin puree, all spice, Chili powder and cumin.
• Mix until well blended
• Simmer for about 25 minute.
Add more chili powder for a spicier soup.