Hearty Vegetable Soup
1 Tbsp Veggie broth for sauteing
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups green beans chopped
1 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes
4 cups vegetable stock
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp thyme
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
4 cups of kale chopped
2 Tbsp parsley
1. Heat up a large pot over med-high heat and add 1 tblsp veggie broth.
2. Throw in onion, carrot and celery and cook for 3-5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
3. Add in garlic and bell pepper and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add in green beans and cook for another minute.
5. Top with diced tomatoes, vegetable stock and spices and stir.
6. Bring to a boil and then let simmer, uncovered over med-low heat for 25 minutes.
7. Add in kale and cook for 5 more minutes (it will wilt).
8. Top with fresh parsley and serve warm.
9. Will keep for a week in refrigerator and freezes well for several months.
Adapted from thehealthymaven.com