Creamy Potato Kale Soup
1 box organic vegetable broth (32 ounces)
1 large onion diced
1-2 carrots diced
2 ribs of celery diced
1 cup of parsley chopped fine
1 teaspoon sea salt
Fresh ground black pepper
2 tablespoons of Nutritional Yeast
1 clove garlic pressed or chopped fine
4-5 medium potatoes diced skin on is good!
3 large leaves kale cut into ribbons or small pieces
1/2 cup of raw cashews (soaked in warm water for 2-4 hours or overnight in fridge)
1 can of white beans
almond milk or soy milk
1. In a stock pot combine vegetable broth, onion, carrot, celery, 1/2 parsley, sea salt, pepper, Nutritional Yeast, garlic, potatoes, and kale
2. Bring to boil until ingredients are tender. Then simmer when potatoes are tender.
3. Make cream
Drain and rinse the cashews
Drain and rinse white beans
In a vitamix, nutrabullet or ninja (high powered blender) - add the cashews, cover with almond milk and add 1/2 can of white beans
Blend until thick, smooth and very creamy
4. Add cream to soups - stirring as you add it in.
5. Continue to simmer and let soup thicken
6. Season with salt, pepper and rest of parsley
7. Serve hot, or serve over rice or with home made bread.
Note: this soup will thicken after it's stored in fridge for a night... it's gets even better the next day! Enjoy.