Creamy "No Cheese" Cheese
Here is a simple way to get that velveeta-like texture with healthy ingredients. My husband loves this as a dip, in "loaded" nachos, over potatoes and so much more.
2 Cups of Peeled Potatoes - diced
1 Cup Diced Carrots
1/2 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
2 Teaspoons sea salt
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
1/4 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
1/4 Teaspoon of Onion Powder
1. Boil potatoes and carrots until soft and tender, drain and let sit for 5 minutes
2. In a food processor blend cooked carrots and potatoes, add some of the water to help smooth (I use the leftover water from the boiled carrots and potatoes)
3. Transfer this mixture to a Ninja, Nutribullet or Vitamin (good high powered blender)
4. Add all other ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy
5. Store in refrigerator - should last up to a week.
(reheat with some extra water if it seems too thick)
Great addition to dishes that need that creamy texture... try over vegetables, over bean burgers, on potatoes add salsa for a nacho dip.