Cranberry Oat Breakfast Bars
1 cup Sprouted Grain Wheat Flour or Oat Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/3 cup apple sauce
1 "egg replacer" I used the "vegan egg"
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup pecan chunks - large chopped pieces works great
1 apple diced into 1/4" pieces
1 cup frozen cranberries - chopped in halves and toasted in oven for about 6-8 minutes
1/4 cup dried cranberries
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
1. in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
2. In a large bowl, mix the maple syrup, applesauce, egg replacer and vanilla until well mixed.
3. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
4. Add the oats, the apple, the frozen and dried cranberry and pecans and stir to mix evenly.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
6. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter and drop onto the parchment paper.
7. Bake until lightly browned on bottom - 20-25 minutes.
8. Transfer to a cooling rack with done
When cooled, place in an airtight container and refrigerate - should keep for about 1 week. Eat cold or warm in a microwave.