Almond Butter Banana Chip Muffins
Updated: Jan 23, 2018
1/2 cup very ripe banana
1/2 cup organic Almond Butter (creamy or chunky)
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons date sugar
1 egg replacer (1 tsp egg replacer + 3 tablespoons water)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon oat flour
1/3 cup old fashioned oats**
1/3 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray 8 muffin tins with nonstick spray and fill any other empty ones halfway
up with water (ensures even baking).
3. Do not use muffin liners.
4. Peel and then mash banana well using a fork. Measure the banana after it has been well mashed.
5. In a large bowl, using a mixer, cream together the mashed up banana, almond butter, honey, vanilla extract, and date sugar.
6. Beat until completely combined.
7. Beat in the egg replacer.
8. Beat in the salt, baking soda, baking powder, and oat flour.
9. Beat just until combined.
10. Stir in the old-fashioned oats and non-dairy chips.
11. Spoon dough into each muffin cavity - fill about 1/2 to 3/4 full
12. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
13. Let cool and enjoy!!!